Good Morning everyone! I have pre scheduled this post because I'm sure I'm going to need to recover from the night's festivities!
Today I am sharing with you the cake I made for my son's 9th Ninjago themed Birthday Party!
What do you think? I love how he turned out!!! Actually, wasn't very hard to make either.
Here's a quick pictorial on how I made "KAI's" head.
- I baked, sliced and filled with icing, the centres of two 5 inch cakes. Separating the layers with a cake board.
- Next I dirty iced the entire head.
- Rolled out my fondant pieces. For the eyebrow, I drew and cut out a shape on a piece paper first and laid it on the fondant then cut it out with the tip of a sharp knife.
- I placed my pieces on top of the rolled fondant I used as the face. I "glued" the pieces with a little water using a small paint brush.
- Then I placed the face on the head. At this point I placed the head on the bottom layer of the cake that I had already covered with black fondant.
- Finally, I wrapped the rest of the head with Kai's Ninja mask.
The top part of the cake is chocolate flavoured and the bottom 10 inch layer is made out of a yellow cake. The entire cake is covered with a vanilla butter cream icing and finished with fondant.
Hope you have enjoyed this Ninjago Birthday Party Series of posts, I hopefully will have some pictures of the party to share with you all soon!
Have a great Sunday and thanks for coming by,
Happy Crafting :)
Sharing this with my Crafty Peeps!