Today I want to share with you my latest Fleurette Bloom DT Project! A super sweet Pumpkin Carriage Shaped Card. Really easy to do and today I will show you how :)
But first, have you noticed Fleurette has been giving away a ton of files for FREE? Keep your eyes pealed for Fleurette's Freebies, FREE for a limited time when she releases them! SO go download them while you can! Quick Tip: Just look on my side bar, I will usually have a direct link to it there for you!
The file I used for this Pumpkin Carriage was one of this week's Freebies, now it's in the store for $0.99!
How to make your own Shaped Card:
1. Start by creating an offset/shadow of the shape you want to use. In this case the bottom layer of the pumpkin carriage.
2. Move the pumpkin layer off to the side. Make a copy of the offset/shadow you created above.
3. Using the draw a line tool. Select the area where you want to create the fold for your card. Hold down the shift key and drag the line across the top of one of the offset/shadow layers, this will create a straight line. This layer will become the base of your card.
4. Highlight the line you just created and change the style of line to a dash line. Group the dash line to the base of the card.
5. Copy and create another pumpkin layer. Drag it on to the center of the base of the card you just created. Select the knife tool and again by holding down the shift key and the knife tool drag it over the pumpkin layer just above the dash line you created on the base of the card.
6. Drag the bottom part of the pumpkin to the side. Delete the top piece.
7. If you want to create some writing space for the inside of the card, create a shape like I did using the draw an ellipse tool. You are now ready to cut out all the pieces for your shaped card! To assemble the card: Just add glue above the dash line on the base of the card, continue by gluing the remaining pieces to the top and inside. Embellish as desired!
Here is a peek at what the inside should look like. I chose to add the orange and green layer to the inside of the card. This is not necessary! You can just leave it blank , but in doing this you will make a sturdier card... and it looks cuter! ;)
Hope you have enjoyed this card and tutorial!
If you have any questions feel free to ask me :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting :)