Today I have a really super cute and fairly simple card to share with you from one of Fleurette Bloom's latest Sea Critter Digi Die Cuts and Digi Stamps. I am anxiously awaiting for the arrival of her polymer stamp collection that were recently released, hopefully my happy mail will arrive soon! In the mean time I want to show you how you can create the stamped look with out the having to do any stamping or colouring by hand.
So here is my Sea Critter Shaker Card! How cute did that turn out?! :)
Looks like they are having a fun "shell-o-bration!"
Here is how I created my card, hope this helps you if you are wanting to make something similar.
- Using the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software I opened the colored digi files I wanted to use.
- Next I created a rectangle slightly smaller than the front of the basecard I wanted to use.
- I then filled the rectangle with a gradient blue.
- Send rectangle (background image) to the back of the layers.
- Next you will want to resize and arrange the critters onto the background/rectangle you created.
- Make sure that the cut setting of the images used inside the background are set to No Cut.
- For some added fun and interest I added a few layered critters. To do that I traced the outer edge of each image. Next, highlight the image with the outer edge, select the Object function, Modify and create a crop this will create a cut line around the image now if you select Cut Edge in the Cutting options.
- When you are happy with the layout of your card send the image to your printer, ensure your registrations marks are turned on.
- Once your images are printed out, you are now ready to cut them out!
Here is a phone pic of what mine looked like once I did the Print and Cut.
(Didn't want to waste paper so I created two cards the same way)
- To finish the card Glue the printed image to the front of your base card.
- For some fun and dimension I glued some of the other cut out critters onto the printed images using pop dots.
- The next thing I did was cut out a black border slightly larger then the the image I printed out.
- Glue some clear acetate to the back of the border.
- Add a border of foam tape along the edge of the black border, you may want to use two layers of tape to allow your sequins to freely move inside the card.
- Add some sequins/beads to the middle of the card and then attach the acetate black border to the top of the card.
- All done your shaker card! Embellish as you like ;)
Here is a closer look as these cute critters. :)
For those that love stamping and would rather use your own colours, here is the coordinating Sea Critters Clear Photopolymer Stamps
Don't forget to stop by the Shop and check out Fleurette's other Stamp Sets and Coordinating Digi Dies and Cuts!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting :)