I finally got around to making my pumpkins this year. Unlike other years, we thought we'd paint them this year. Usually the kids get so excited to carve out the pumpkins, but in reality what happens is... they start... they get tired... start whining cause it's hard... and complain about the gooshy insides when gutting out the pumpkins! Then I end up doing all the work and cleaning up all the mess! So my daughter and I painted them this year... I have to agree, way more fun!
Here is how they turned out! Aren't they cool! They were super easy, and my daughter actually did most of the painting herself!
Here is how we did it...
Started off with plain ol' pumpkins... makes sure they are clean, no dirt.
Used acrylic paints and brush. For one of the pumpkins, I divided it into sections and painted guide lines for my daughter to paint in.
Then for my other pumpkin I wanted to paint the word "BOO" so I typed the word in the Silhouette SDE program and took the offset of the word and cut it out of some scrap contact paper.
Placed the contact paper on the pumpkin to used it as a guide and painted the center in white. For the actual word "BOO", I just free handed the letters inside the white space. TIP: if you are impatient like me, use a blow dryer on a low setting to speed up the drying time!
Here's how they look in my front entrance. LOVE how they turned out! Hope you do too :)
Have a great week end!