My favorite projects are quick and useful! Today I want to walk you through how to make your own Christmas labels using Fleurette Bloom files. Once you know how, you'll be making labels for everything :)
For this project I used:
PNG images from "Holly Days" Boxes & Cards Kit / Collection &
SVG files (labels) from "Anytime Pillow Box" SVG Cutting File Collection
Avery Sticker Project Paper (Silhouette Brand Printable Sticker paper is also available, but did not have any on hand)
Silhouette Cameo with SSDE
- The first thing you will need to do is select the PNG images and the SVG files you want to use.
- Open them up onto your work space.
- With the SVG's you have selected to use as labels, click on each SVG and the change the cut style to "cut".
- Group one PNG design with one SVG file. (Play with the PNG sizes until you like the look and placement on each label).
- I chose to include "to: and a from:" If you do that ensure you change the cut style setting on the font to "no cut". Copy and paste it into each label and group them.
- I don't like to waste paper, so once my labels were created I tried to fit as many as possible on to one sheet. You will notice I changed some them in size to fit more! Variety in sizes is good to have because all gifts come in different sizes too ;)
Since I had set my line color to transparent , it was hard to visually see the labels when working on the white work space. To solve for this I just worked on the side of my work space (see image below) You could also in the Page setting, set it to reveal your cutting mat.
- Slide the labels back onto your work space. Turn on the cut line setting and align your shapes within your registration marks. Make sure that the only cut lines you see are only on the edges of the labels.
- Now you are ready to send to the printer.
- Before cutting out your shapes, change the pressure setting on your cutting machine, I set my pressure setting to 2. This is just enough to cut through the top layer leaving the backing intact.
Here is a little treat box I made with one of the labels I cut out! Since you already know who the gift is from you could also have the names already printed on there too :)
Hope you find this tutorial useful! This was so easy and quick to do on the Silhouette, that I have so many ideas for other labels I want to make now! If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them for you :)
Also check out Fleurette's latest release!
Perfect for any occasion "Nesting Gift Box" SVG Collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting :)
Sharing this with my Crafty Peeps!